Hello, August 3, 2022
Today I am going to write about filling the gaps when things slow down. During the summertime, I am usually busy, but there are days when I have a bit more time on my hands.
When things slow down, I take the time to do things around the house. Cleaning out closets, organizing drawers, decluttering, and other organizational tasks. I also try to do this with my office, and business in general. I hope this is a helpful read for you.
Front Line Gal Friday
Filling the Gaps When Things Get Slow
Combat the disorientation that comes when work is slow
You can take these sorts of steps with your business headquarters as well. Even though it is rare to find slow times in your business, it is a good idea to evaluate the “business closet” too when you do have time.
If you’re interested in doing that, here’s what I recommend:
1. Examine your business from the outside in. Listen to your outgoing voicemail message – is it friendly and clear? Look at your email signature – is to your own newsletter to see what happens?
2. Check out your LinkedIn profile. Make sure your profile picture is a professional headshot and that it’s up to date with your phone number included. When was the last time you read your website homepage? Or subscribed. Ask for those recommendations you’ve been thinking about.
3. Post past content. If you’ve got past newsletters that are not yet up on your website as well, take steps to add them.
4. Clean up “tolerations.” You know, those annoying little things that you are still putting up with. Are you always struggling to find client phone numbers? Do you keep needed supplies in the basement instead of near your desk? Is there a pile of papers in the corner that you’ve ignored for months? Take the time now to handle these little annoyances.
5. Organize your desk. Take everything off (yes, everything) clean it thoroughly, and only add back what you need.
6. Review your finances. Why wait until tax time to organize your expenses? Bring them up to date now.
7. Plan your next big project. What are you waiting for? Jump in!
For people who are used to being at capacity, a little downtime can be disorienting. So yes, make sure you relax. But when you’re ready to jump back in, take advantage of the opportunity to take your business to the next level.
_________________________________________________________________________Get To Know Me
Did you know that July 7th was World Chocolate Day? Although having all these "celebrations of something" days is amusing sometimes, this is one I can get behind!
Anyone who knows me knows that chocolate is something that I love. I have this cookbook with chocolate everything in it, and I have used it so many times that the pages are getting worn a bit.
One of my favorite desserts out of my cookbook, which is only for special occasions for me, is Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake. This is only a once-per-year kind of treat because it is so rich and decadent, and hazardous for the waistline!
What is your favorite dessert?